Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 21:13:29 -0500
From: "Josh Haskell" <haskell@ncweb.com>
Subject: [CHAT] Plants from the southern hemisphere

     In his book about the Arnold Arboretum written in 1925, E.H. Wilson
observed, "No plants from the southern Hemisphere, not even from the high
Andes, southern Chile, or the higher mountains of New Zealand, have
proved
hardy in the Arboretum."  Has anyone on the list ever seen anything
written on
this subject, or know of any exceptions?

 Josh Haskell
Ohio -- zone 5
Only $9.95 per month!
Visit www.juno.com