Re: C. trichotomum

Most interesting, Noreen.

Mine gets afternoon sun, so maybe it's getting enough. Sky is open
above it; trees are on the east side and house on the west, but it is
not in direct shadow of either except in early morning when the sun
is low.  Glad to find yours blooms after pruning - yes I was the one
who mentioned the bloom on new wood - had read this, but was
wondering if it was incorrect.

Mine has bloomed, but sparsely and only at the very top of the
tree/shrub...not where I can get a good view close-up of blooms or
pods.

Well, I will give this child a talking to at pruning time this
spring...this has worked for some other recalcitrant types...amazing
what a serious conversation about compost heaps can do sometimes:-)

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
mtalt@hort.net
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
All Suite101.com garden topics :
http://www.suite101.com/topics.cfm/635

----------
> From: TeichFlora@aol.com
>
> Marge, it is in part sun/shade.  It gets morning sun, but filtered
afternoon
> sun. I've become aware, through this group(smile), that I am not a
very
> observant person.
> Yes, it definitely blooms after I prune it.  Was it not you that
mentioned
> that it bloomed on new wood??
> Has yours ever bloomed and/or put on the seed pods?? I really enjoy
that the
> tree literally has something attractive on it almost year
round....except