Re: Spring plant orders

Not an expert, but as a fellow denizen of z5b, would warn that Tsuga canadensis, and Cornus canadensis are likely to be iffy. T. canadensis should definitely be planted in a location protected from wind and will require supplemental moisture during our dry spells. It isn't delighted with our heavy clay soils either. It is sold around here, but success is spotty, especially outside town. C. canadensis demands a humusy, acid soil and a shady location in this neck of the woods. Doesn't like our midwest summer heat, either. Good luck!
Cathy, west central IL, z5b