Re: Labryinth gardens

Melody,
After the London rejection, it sounds like you could use a meditiation garden.

Now, I've never actually been to one, but it seems as though gardeners,
as artists - just as writers as artists - can do their own variations on
any technique. It's what makes their work special. So choosing lower
maintenance materials and design should be the perrogative of the
artist.

In a recent FG mag there was a short section on different designs. One
that really captured my eye was supposed to be a meditative maze. The
collection of gardens had a musical theme and this particular one was a
circular path with a garden border on either side that wound round
itself, much like the way the yellow brick road starts out. The borders
had lots of beautiful flowers but also low maintence grasses.

Any garden is eventually what the tenders make of it. Even a low
maintence garden looks shabby if not tended as needed. Then people are
more likely to notice the shabbiness than the beautiful design. So I
think your design should depend on how much assistance your priest
thinks he can find for you among the congregation.

Good luck with your manuscript.

Kitty