From: Gene Bush [mailto: genebush@otherside.com]
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2004 07:57:02 -0500
Subject: Re: [CHAT]  bamboo

Hello Marge,<br> I probably was not paying close attention at the
beginning on this<br>thread. I like the list on Fargesia you have give
here. Where did you see<br>these listed? Prices and descriptions,
photos, etc??<br> I had someone pot up a good sized clump of nitida and
send it to me last<br>year. Out there in a pot and I have not figured
out just exactly where it<br>needs to go. Perhaps it needs a
companion;-) Then it will fit in better.<br> I did print out a copy of
your message to go in my Spring 04 shopping<br>folder...... here we go
again.<br> Gene E. Bush<br>Munchkin Nursery & Gardens,
quite taken with Fargesia jiuzhaigou and Fargesia nitida<br>>
'Wakehurst', with the red culms; really dramatic from the photos
they<br>> have up. 'Course, I would like those...not the least
expensive!<br>><br>> Also interesting, with purple culms, and slightly
less expensive are<br>> Fargesia nitida 'Ems River' , Fargesia nitida
'Ganzu 2' and esp.<br>> Fargesia nitida 'McClure' (on which the stems
habit forms were also interesting, but given a<br>> choice, I'd go for
the colored culms, myself as a clumper is more of<br>> an accent plant
and IMO should be a bit dramatic.<br>><br>> Marge Talt, zone 7

    http://www.hort.net/funds/<br><br>

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com