Re: Word from Iraq

In a message dated 2/2/04 4:21:28 AM, mhobertm@excite.com writes:

<< Guess our country isn't
doing such a great job of providing the GI's with basic toiletries like
deodorant and stuff either. >>
Melody, I think if you look back or have been involved/family involved in
previous military conflicts, even in peace time, our troops today have much, much
more.  In Desert Storm the natl guard personnel who were serving rcd special
privileges or recognition which the regular military did not. I do not have
anyone close in the regular military today but I suspect this is still the case.
 We never hear about the regular military and their hardships only the guard
yet they both signed for the same objective. That is part of the commitment
and why we should provide for  our veterans.  Talk to anyone who has needed help
even with problems/injuries incurred as a result of their mission.  It is not
good.
    Ceres