Re: What's Blooming - eat them

Ok, just get out your weed fork and make a...

Bright-as-Spring Salad
4 cups unsprayed dandelion leaves, washed and dried
4 cups romaine lettuce leaves, washed and dried
1 cup diced tomatoes
1/2 cup sliced cucumber
1/2 cup chopped chives
1/4 cup chive flowers, for garnish
1 cup unsprayed dandelion blossoms, chopped for garnish

Balsamic Vinaigrette
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon sugar

Tear the greens into bite-sized pieces.  Place greens, tomatoes, cucumbers,
and chives in a salad bowl and mix well.  Before serving, combine
vinaigrette ingredients in a small jar and shake.  Toss salad with
vinaigrette.  Store unused dressing, covered, in refrigerator.  Garnish
with chive and dandelion flowers.

Bonnie Zone 6+ ETN