Re: was NE weather, now bamboo suppliers

  • To: gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: [CHAT] was NE weather, now bamboo suppliers
  • From: james singer <jsinger@igc.org>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 18:09:14 -0500

This is probably a good year for me to grow luffas again. I'm down to two dried but unused fruits from the last batch [of about 20]. Maybe I ought to try Corsican gourds, too. Are they terrestrial or climbers, Pam? And, while we're at it, what are those huge gourds I remember seeing at the Fresno county [CA] fair. They were about 30 inches tall and 24 inches in diameter, striped like a rattlesnake watermelon. Anyone know what those are?