RE: /bottle brush/ now hawthorn

Interesting...I've just started planting Washington hawthorns (Crataegus
phaenopyrum) to give songbirds protection against starlings, provide some
more winter interest and decoration source with the berries, and more of a
screen between me and neighbors.  They are ok but allow their five dogs to
roam...I tire of shoveling up dog poop and distressing over dug up plants.
We have a split rail fence around the property but it doesn't deter the
dogs.   I've seen a row of hawthorns in full berry during the winter and
loved the look.

Bonnie Zone 6+ ETN

Behalf