Re: Iraq/ VA hospitals

In a message dated 2/3/04 8:44:19 AM, TeichFlora@aol.com writes:

<<  Most veterans are able to hold
jobs, so have health insurance through their jobs.  >>

Noreen, this is not a benefit enjoyed by most these days at least in our
area.  I have never had to pay for insurance but not true for my children.  I am
retired from John Deere who has a very successful insurance side of their
business as well as manufacturing.  The year I retired (92') mgmt employees started
paying for their insurance while the union workers benefits are fully funded
by the company yet today.
    Sounds like Bush is taking care of his home state providing new VA
hospitals.  The facility here in Des Moines is a large, very old facility.  I have
an uncle in Missouri who suffered injuries from WWII and must come to DM for
his medical needs.  A very unpleasant situation for him at his age.
    Ceres