Re: Iraq

In a message dated 2/3/04 11:56:50 AM, TeichFlora@aol.com writes:

<< Just as a bit of info for those that aren't aware......a family of a
fallen
soldier in Iraq now gets a measly $200 since it is no longer considered a
"war". >>

Regardless of rank, military division, overseas or stateside duty?  However
about funeral expenses, assistance in the planning etc?  Are the bodies still
escourted home by military?  I was sure my son had life insurance in the early
90s.
Doesn't compare to the 9/11 victims which I could not believe the
compensation the families rcd there.  If the victims died on the way to work by a bolt of
lighting or drove their car into a wall, what would the payout be?  How can
the government be responsible for such a catastrophe?   Yet they take minimum
responsibility for their employees (military)?
    Ceres