Re: Iraq/tax

Whether you pay state income tax is up to your state. For example, in Illinois, military retirees pay no state income tax on their retired pay, but if they have a civilian job or investments, they pay state income tax on that. In Pennsylvania, active duty military who are PA citizens and assigned in the state pay state income tax, but if they are assigned outside the state, they do not.
Cathy