Re: Junk mail and spam

Yeah, Tom Shales, the Washington Post TV critic called it "the Super Bowl of Sleaze." I would agree with that. And the dosage of over-wrought purple prose seemed to set some sort of record. Very debasing of the English language. Plus the ads were neither creative nor amusing.

I can't stand all those pre-game gas bags yucking it up, either, so I watched the horse-racing channel until the scheduled kickoff time [the horse racing channel provided a countdown clock--which I thought was kind of sweet, publicly admitting you know you're going to lose 80 percent of your audience at a specified time for a specified reason]. Still, when the clock said zero, I got to watch and hear yet another celebrity butchering the anthem. Or would have if the duker hadn't had a mute button.

Which reminds me, some international regulating authority needs to go through the world's celebrities' list and sort those puppies into one the three classes--talented, some talent, no talent--then get rid of the latter two classes.