From: Gene Bush [mailto: genebush@otherside.com]
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 07:43:43 -0500
Subject: Re: [CHAT]  bamboo / choosing plants

Hello Melody,<br> Oh, I don't know as I am all that different than all
of you. I "listen"<br>to what all of you have to say about plants and
your experiences with them.<br>All the other specialized lists that I am
on as well. I subscriber to and<br>read several gardening magazines,
order in the neighborhood of 3 to 5 new<br>books a year on gardening and
plants. All the catalogs, both wholesale and<br>retail.I go to
symposiums frequently. When I give a slide presentation I<br>always hang
around to hear the other speakers as well.<br> Right now I have
three"folders" I am working one for this spring. One is<br>the new
rock/alpine garden I hope to construct this spring. the other is
my<br>woodland garden and some new areas that has been added, finally my
shrub and<br>tree list.<br> I placed my first two orders yesterday. A
mix of new plants for my rock<br>garden that I have been interested in
for some time now, and my woodland<br>garden which is always ongoing. I
hope to locate most of my trees and shrubs<br>while out and around this
spring and early summer at other nurseries and<br>garden centers so I
can get larger sizes. Getting a bit old and need more<br>instant
gratification on trees and shrubs.<br> So.. sorry to disappoint, but
some is impulse, some is keeping an eye<br>out for something out of the
usual. Mostly I just follow my bellybutton<br>around. Same as with the
rest of my life, I suppose.<br> Gene E. Bush<br>Munchkin Nursery &
Gardens,
your business, I'll bet that shopping folder is pretty darned<br>>
thick, isn't it? BTW, how **do** you decide what to buy and what to
pass<br>> on?<br>> Melody, IA (Z

    http://www.hort.net/funds/<br><br>

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com