From: Kitty [mailto: kmrsy@comcast.net]
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 10:39:16 -0500
Subject: Re: [CHAT] trees and other design elements

Melody, that sounds like a great color scheme. I'm a *cool* person
myself<br>and would most likely lean toward blue for a house. However,
when I bought<br>mine it was a chartreuse yellow with white trim and
brick red accents and<br>mottled orange/black/brown brick accent to one
side. Unbelievable. I felt<br>though, that blue would never work with
the brick which could not be<br>changed. Sometimes it is evident what
the color HAS to be. I painted it tan<br>with a chocolate brown trim and
the accents are a spice color - sort of<br>orange. These warm colors are
far different from the mostly white houses in<br>the neighborhood, but
they seem perfect for this house. And the warm colors<br>of the house
don't seem to hurt the effect of the many cool colored flowers<br>I
"Melody" <mhobertm@excite.com><br>To: <gardenchat@hort.net><br>Sent:
Monday, February 02, 2004 5:27 AM<br>Subject: RE: [CHAT] trees and other
(as I did!) from the town when<br>> I painted my house two years
ago...in bright robin's egg blue! I painted<br>> it specifically this
beautiful shade of blue as a backdrop for my<br>> garden...it's electric
color is so perfect for the pinks and purples and<br>> whites and
yellows that make up my garden! But I must say, my fellow<br>> townsfolk
personally took back (to my face) every semi-snide remark they<br>> had
made when they saw the amazing effect of my garden blooming against<br>>
the backdrop of that house...they all loved it! My husband had wanted
to<br>> paint the house one of those boring shades of taupe, or
worse<br>> grey...course you know that idea didn't go far! Even he
admits though<br>> how great the color is for the garden.
thing we can experience is the mysterious."<br>> --Albert
Einstein<br>><br>> --- On Sat 01/31, Kitty < kmrsy@comcast.net >
wrote:<br>> From: Kitty [mailto: kmrsy@co

mcast.net]<br>> To: gardenchat@hort.net<br>> Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2004
12:35:46 -0500<br>> Subject: [CHAT] trees and other design
elements<br>><br>> I think many people are influenced by the media as to
what their home<br>> should<br>look like. Check the magazines. You're
*supposed* to have a<br>> patio and<br>landscaping. So they have it done
even if using it doesn't<br>> appeal to them.<br>I believe landscapers
often realize that their<br>> clients just want the pretty<br>picture
with low maintenance and that<br>> the broad expanse of sunlit lawn
still<br>rates highly with their<br>> customers. So they give them what
they want. And,<br>as has been<br>> mentioned, many people are afraid of
doing things out of the<br>ordinary<br>> for fear of repercussions to
property value. Your area is<br>relatively<br>> new and upscale and it
would seem to me that most buyers would<br>not<br>> want to take big
here. As our city expands,<br>new developments go up in<br>> every
direction. Occasionally this will include<br>new apartment<br>>
complexes or retirement communities. One national chain built<br>a<br>>
lovely complex of retirement apartments with the building' sided in<br>>
their<br>trademark soft yellow w/white trim. The nieghbors were up
in<br>> arms!<br>meetings called! petitions to the city to force them to
change<br>> the color to<br>blend with the neighborhood! How could they
side the<br>> comlex in that gaudy<br>brash color when everything else -
absolutely<br>> everything else - is
----- <br>From: "Donna "<br>> <justme@prairieinet.net><br>To:
<gardenchat@hort.net><br>Sent: Saturday,<br>> January 31, 2004 11:36
AM<br>Subject: RE: [CHAT] update on garden/bottle<br>>
only<br>> neighbors I see are<br>> the kids... all adults do not come
out of their<br>> homes... maybe a peak<br>> out the window, but sadly,
not one en

jo
ys the<br>> fresh air. At first I<br>> thought it was due to working
inside getting<br>> unpacked- but 5 years down<br>> the line- they are
still not outside:(<br>> One had a nice brick patio with<br>> an open
covering, bought nice patio<br>> furniture, had a landscaper
never once seen<br>> them out<br>> there.... they even have a lawn
service cut the grass and<br>> take care of<br>> the
Morgan<br>> > Donna, I think you will inspire others in<br>> your area
the hot sun before inviting them into<br>> your<br>> > shade under
a<br>> lovely tree and they will see
http://www.excite.com<br>> The most personalized portal on the
Web!<br>><br>>

    http://www.hort.net/funds/<br><br>