From: cathy carpenter [mailto: cathyc@rnet.com]
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 09:42:48 -0600
Subject: Re: [CHAT] word from Iraq

While I have no doubt that there are many who have been badly wounded
A <br>soldier is either "on duty", "on leave", or "AWOL". Each of these
with <br>their unit until they are fully capable of performing their
in <br>a hospital, but are not able to be sent back to their units they
must <br>be housed somewhere until cleared by their doctor for full
duty...hence <br>the barracks and hotel. I remember back during Vietnam
we had entire <br>wards full of convalescent soldiers, and they were
quite a handful for <br>the nursing staff, who became more parents than
nurses!<br>Cathy<br>On Sunday, February 1, 2004, at 04:22 PM,
TeichFlora@aol.com wrote:<br>><br>> BAMC hospital, one of the largest
military hospitals in the US, <br>> located in San<br>> Antonio, has the
number one burn unit for the military. They are <br>> filled to<br>>
capacity....to the point where those patients that can actually walk
and the military even <br>> rented a<br>> civilian hotel close to the
hospital for these as well. Every day <br>> soldiers<br>> that are in
the military hospitals die from wounds sustained in <br>> Iraq....but

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com