Re: Iraq/ VA hospitals

re: "Richard made the point that most people don't realize these
problems until it hits their home town, or comes to light through a
conflict situation.

Awareness brings forth change."

Noreen: I think you and Rich have both made an excellent point...as
American citizens we should all be concerned with the health and well
being of those persons who have dedicated themselves to serving, no
matter what length of time, in our military...it is not something I
would choose to do voluntarily and I am grateful to those individuals
who do choose to serve in the Armed Forces. It is through our constant
effort to legislate better funding for improvements at all our nations
military and veteran's administration hospitals that we can help insure
proper care for those who need it. As with so many things, especially in
our little democracy, our voice can make a difference but only if we
exercise it in the direction of our elected representatives who make
those decisions about $$$$.

Melody, IA (Z 5/4)

--Albert Einstein