From: cathy carpenter [mailto: cathyc@rnet.com]
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 16:17:05 -0600
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Iraq/ VA hospitals

Actually, the priority at the VA has to do with "service connected
medical <br>problems incurred while in/related to military service -
2004, at 08:42 AM, TeichFlora@aol.com wrote:<br><br>> I agree with your
views on VA hospitals. Rank has little to do with it<br>> though, but
there is a major distinction placed on someone that gave <br>> their
life<br>> (retired) or someone that only put in a few years. There
should not <br>> be, but<br>> there is. Much has to do with economic
status. Most veterans are <br>> able to hold<br>> jobs, so have health
insurance through their jobs.<br>> Unfortunately, the veterans that were
wounded badly <br>> enough...physically or<br>> mentally....are the ones
that are not able to hold jobs and are the <br>> ones that go<br>> to
the VA hospitals....especially the Vietnam Veterans.<br>> Noreen<br>>
zone 9<br>> Texas Gulf

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com