Re: bamboo / choosing plants

Hello Melody,
    To the extent possible, yes I do grow plants in my garden before they
make it to the nursery inventory. Not as much as I used to "back when".
There are some things each year that are "new" at least to the wholesale
market. If I wait until I have grown it for 3 to 5 years before carrying it,
the plants will not longer be new to the market for collectors. I do have to
admit that I am pretty cautious about what ends up in the catalog... to the
conservative side. Even with the new stuff I try to read and watch for a
year or two before I order.
    Many of the nurseries have display gardens to some extent. Not all. My
nursery grew out of my gardens.. that is not all that rare, either. I can
not quote statistics to you. A bit like "well, yes some do... but then many
do not".
    Gene E. Bush
Munchkin Nursery & Gardens, llc
www.munchkinnursery.com