Re: Iraq/tax

In a message dated 2/4/04 10:47:16 PM, cathyc@rnet.com writes:

<< > one
> could argue that people without children should not have to pay for the
> schools.  One could also argue that the schools are intended for the
> benefit
> of society, in which we all live, so they should be supported by all,
> whether an individual uses the particular service or not. >>

Libby, I live in an extremely fast growing community where schools have been
in constant construction since we moved here in 86'. Right now we are bldg
another jr hi school and when this is cpt the plans are prepared for a high
school. When we moved here, our son was attending a private christian school so we
have never had children in our community school however I do believe that I,
as well as all living within our school district, are responsible to the
support.  Community life reaps the rewards of a successful school.  It is a win-win
situation.
    Ceres