Re: tax/public schools

Hi, Josh. I think that's what I said. Football is the black hole that sucks the funds out of everything else.

On Thursday, February 5, 2004, at 07:10 PM, Josh Haskell wrote:

Jim,

Football a black hole? I doubt it, if you take into account what
happens to alumni fund contributions when the football program goes South.
If the NY Times article addressed that issue, I'd love to see it. Every
college administrator I know believes it's the alumni driving the sports
programs that takes away from their academic budgets.

Josh

----- Original Message ----- From: "james singer" <jsinger@igc.org> To: <gardenchat@hort.net> Sent: Thursday, February 05, 2004 6:08 PM Subject: Re: [CHAT]tax/public schools

Hi, Ceres. Sorry, but I don't buy that line about football supporting
other sports. Earlier this year, there was an economic analysis in the
New York Times magazine that documented that football is a black hole
in any school's budget. Needless to say, such treasonous information is
ignored in my area.