From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of Kitty
Sent: Sunday, February 08, 2004 3:59 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] early arrivals - tree peonies

Ceres, thanks so much.  Most of what you said was guessed at by myself and
others on the list.  But it is great to hear from someone who works in the
nursery/greenhouse field with an answer from experience.  Our group of 6 MGs
(& one FOTG) have been given the task of running our little nursery.  The
Hort Ed and the rest of the group insist on calling us the Propagation
Group, but we really are a nursery, at least 95% of our plants come in as
small starts. None of us has ever worked in a nursery, but about half of us
had dabbled in nursery/propagation activities a bit.  So when something out
of the ordinary comes along we rely on research and/or guesswork.  I'm glad
to have a group like CHAT to ask some of these things.

If these do flower, I will remove all but one bud as you suggest, but also
want one bud to be sure these are true to name.  I'm still inclined to hang
onto them till 2005 unless they really put out a great root system fast.
We'll also pass on your tip about space requirement.  Thanks!