Re: early arrivals - tree peonies

In a message dated 02/10/2004 10:26:37 AM Eastern Standard Time,
kmrsy@comcast.net writes:

> Before which herbaceous ones?  Herbaceous peonies, like daylilies bloom at
> different times.  My Coral N' Gold is an early variety, while my old
> fashioned garden peonies are lates.

I have about 20 garden peonies - some named and some not, but they all bloom
in about a two-week period in early June.  They range from the old-fashioned
'Festiva Maxima' to the fairly recent 'Gai Paree' plus ten I bought from Park's
as a special for $12.00 when we moved here 33 years ago - all unnamed but
some pretty nice ones.
Auralie - Z5