Re: early arrivals - tree peonies

In a message dated 2/10/04 9:26:37 AM, kmrsy@comcast.net writes:

<< Before which herbaceous ones? >>

Kitty, I am referring to my  Coral Charm & peonies I see blooming in our
area. Other than CC, I only have (2) japanese varieties which are very early.
   The year before I purchased my purple one I gave a pink and red one to two
different neighbors. The neighbor that rcd the pink one planted hers on the
east but in heavy rock mulch which I thought the rock would not be a good
topping.  However in about the 3rd yr it had something like 23 huge blooms (6-7")
and continues to bloom more heavily than mine or the other neighbors.  I did
count the blooms on mine last yr but cannot remember the number but I'm sure it
was more than 10 and again huge blooms.  In fact I propped up one of the
branches last spring because it had so many blooms I thought it would surely snap.
    Ceres