Re: early arrivals - tree peonies

>  I propped up one of the
> branches last spring because it had so many blooms I thought it would
surely snap.

So true.  those blooms are big and heavy.
Re Coral Charm > as I looked through Klehm's catalog, EVERY peony that was
of a remotely coral color is an early bloomer, including Coral Charm.
Another interesting note from Klehms: as with any shrub, you can ballpark
the mature size, but they say, "[Tree] Peonies reach full maturity in 5 to 8
years**.  Blossoms reach 5-6 inches across, and the mature plant height
ranges from 2.5 to 4 ft tall in 5-6 years."  So your 3x3 shrub just may be
at its full height.

**They say that they ship 2-4 yr old plants, so I can't tell if that 5-8 yrs
is from the beginning or from the time you receive the plant.

Kitty