From:  [mailto: EvaTEsq@aol.com]
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2004 22:20:02 EST
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Happy Birthday! -- Parenthood

That's for sure! Jesse, it sounds like you've been a wonderful parent
and <br>role model to these kids. Teenagers are the worst, but it
doesn't last forever. <br> BTW, putting them to work is the BEST thing
you can do for them. Soon <br>they'll be thanking you for the important
lessons you are teaching them. <br><br>When I was growing up, my dad had
one idea about children, that children = <br>slaves. My sister & I had
so many chores growing up, it WAS like slavery, or at <br>least it felt
like it at the time. You name it, we had to do it: At age 7 or <br>8, my
dad would chop wood for the fireplace and we had to load it into our
stack it. He <br>forced us to build the fires in the fireplace too. We
had to wash & wax the <br>cars and the boat. We mowed the lawn countless
times, cleaned the house, did <br>the laundry, the dishes, we cooked
(sort of). When the family car(s) needed <br>fixing, my sister & I were
forced to help dad fix it. When we were teenagers, <br>dad decided it
was time to paint the house. So my sister & I & 2 friends <br>painted
the 5 bedroom, 2 story ranch, and the garage too. When my mom & dad
wanted <br>to build a glass porch addition (with hot tub) onto the
I are actually pretty handy and we have a pretty <br>solid work ethic,
too. <br><br>Our younger brothers are not so lucky. Mom & dad were not
at all strict in <br>raising our younger brothers, in fact they spoiled
them rotten. Now they have <br>grown up (not really) to be delinquents
(dealing & doing drugs & all that).<br><br>It's not easy to be tough on
them and 'be the bad guy', but it is important, <br>and they'll thank
6:42:39 PM Pacific Standard Time, <br>jesserenebell@hotmail.com
writes:<br>Thanks. I try. No such thing as a perfect parent (or spouse)
but I do the <br>best I know how to do. But I'll tell y

a....parenthood is the toughest gig <br>there is. NOTHING easy about

    http://www.hort.net/funds/<br><br>

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com