Re: Happy Birthday! -- Parenthood

Interesting. Turning 30 was a watershed event for me, too. I've heard, however, that 40 is how you will think of yourself for the rest of your life. And I guess I believe that--it's always disconcerting to see myself in the mirror these days. Takes a moment before I realize it's me.

On Wednesday, February 11, 2004, at 07:07 AM, Melody wrote:

The day I turned 30 was one of the greatest days of my life...I finally
got to be the age I'd felt since I was a very young girl...like my body
finally caught up with "me inside". It was a truly satisfying day!

Melody, IA (Z 5/4)

--Albert Einstein

 --- On Tue 02/10, Pamela J. Evans < gardenqueen@gbronline.com > wrote:
From: Pamela J. Evans [mailto: gardenqueen@gbronline.com]
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 11:50:39 -0600
Subject: RE: [CHAT] Happy Birthday! -- Parenthood

Mine too. But I get to be as goofy as I want now (can't you tell?) to
make up for it, so that's cool.<br>I'm glad my folks raised us to be so
independent. Even if people do have<br>a tendency to tell me I must have
Message ----------------------------------<br>From: "Donna "
<justme@prairieinet.net><br>Reply-To: gardenchat@hort.net<br>Date: Tue,
10 Feb 2004 06:12:15 -0600<br><br>>Got to agree Eva... my dad was also
very something.... besides the work<br>>aspect, he also taught me to be
street and business wise. I remember<br>>times when very young (like 8)
and if I didn't have his permission in<br>>writing to go somewhere...
didn't happen, even tho he said I could go.<br>>By 12 I could drive a
car and change the oil, tune-ups and normal<br>>maintenance. What he
taught me was to be a great business person, common<br>>sense, think
logically and be totally independent. In some ways it is<br>>great, but
can't say that I enjoyed childhood like most kids..... never<br>>had the
chance to be a goofy kid. So you can take it too
the BEST thing you can do for them.<br>>Soon<br>>> they'll be thanking
you for the important lessons you are
hort.net -- join the hort.net fund
Evans<br>Kemp TX/zone

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com