From: Kitty [mailto: kmrsy@comcast.net]
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 10:21:48 -0500
Subject: Re: [CHAT] nursery interview apparel

> I don't think I'd do it again...my time is worth a whole lot more than
summer months.<br><br>Melody, this one pays $10-12 per hr. Not great. I
figure I can get by on<br>$11<br>Ceres, the summer heat does worry me.
I'd have to buy sunblock by the<br>gallon. But I'm thinking that since
the job starts in March and I'd be at<br>it daily, I could transition
Message ----- <br>From: <Cersgarden@aol.com><br>To:
<gardenchat@hort.net><br>Sent: Wednesday, February 11, 2004 8:14
message dated 2/10/04 4:46:08 PM, kmrsy@comcast.net writes:<br>><br>> <<
I had to pass on a<br>> Franks nursery manager job even though I fit all
the other criteria<br>because<br>> it required you to "repeatedly lift
75 pounds". >><br>><br>> Kitty, singlely, that is unbelievable. That is
not expected in the shop at<br>> Deere without lifts. I can't imagine
what their injury rate is. I am<br>second to<br>> oldest at the
greenhouse where I work and I am the only female that will<br>lift<br>>
the 40# bags of soil. Most are young enough to be my children and
they<br>> cannot or will not. Greenhouse work is hard work. I only work
till the<br>end of May<br>> and could not tolerate the heat on into the

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com