From: Kitty [mailto: kmrsy@comcast.net]
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 23:18:32 -0500
Subject: Re: [CHAT] nursery interview apparel

Good idea Cathy. Our Hort Ed something along those lines, too. But I'm
<gardenchat@hort.net><br>Sent: Wednesday, February 11, 2004 10:37
Kitty,<br>> Just a thought, but have you looked into a teaching position
with your<br>> local community college? Ours just started offering
Horticulture<br>> Certificates and AA degrees, and every year they are
looking for<br>> lecturers. The pay is based on the degree (BS, MS,
etc), but they are<br>> willing to hire folks with pertinent life
experience in the industry<br>> too. You would have a lot to offer
students.<br>> Cathy<br>> On Tuesday, February 10, 2004, at 05:02 PM,
Kitty wrote:<br>><br>> > Judy, thanks for the thoughtful words. I did
include my NPO-MG work<br>> > on my<br>> > resume because it does
illustrate things I'm capable of that don't<br>> > show up<br>> > under
work experience. I do have a portfolio of changes to my garden<br>> >
that<br>> > I put together for Guelph, so thanks for bringing that up.
It may<br>> > come in<br>> > handy at the right interview. Right now the
nursery jobs available<br>> > here are<br>> > for plain hard labor,
often requiring heavy lifting. I had to pass on<br>> > a<br>> > Franks
nursery manager job even though I fit all the other criteria<br>> >
because<br>> > it required you to "repeatedly lift 75 pounds". I can
deal with 50#<br>> > for a<br>> > very short distance. Since I have no
health insurance and am aware I<br>> > already have ruptured disks in my

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com