Re: nursery interview tomarrow

Stay cool. Listen carefully. Respond directly. Make and keep eye contact. Don't ask important questions until the interviewer says "Any questions?" Then say, "When do I start?" It usually works.

On Tuesday, February 10, 2004, at 02:45 PM, Kitty wrote:

I was laid off about 4wks ago. There's very little available here. I
rather doubt I'll get the job, I'd expect them to want someone younger. The
job would entail working with the public, stocking and watering. I'm a
little concerned about the weight lifting, but maybe it would get me in
shape! Also, I'm not sure I could get by on what a nursery laborer is paid.

I'd been working at my last job since before I began gardening, so working
at my hobby was never an option. But, yes, I think that could alter my
views. But I guess it is worth a shot.

Kitty

----- Original Message -----
From: "Donna" <justme@prairieinet.net>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Tuesday, February 10, 2004 1:50 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] nursery interview apparel

switching positons eh? although that is none of my business, good for
you! Nice to have a job you will enjoy :) I have avoided ever making my
hobby my job, felt I would loose the hobby appeal after that...

I would base it on what others employed there are wearing, and step it up a tad. Thinking it would also make a difference if the position you are applying for is going to be with the public or just buried in a greenhouse.

Donna

----- Original Message ----- From: Kitty Sent: 2/10/2004 12:52:21 PM To: gardenchat@hort.net Cc: cersgarden@aol.com;genebush@otherside.com Subject: [CHAT] nursery interview apparel

Hi Friends,

I have an interview Friday for general nursery work. Previous job

interviews have always been for professional jobs so, of course, I wore

suit. What would I wear for this nursery interview? A suit seems way

overdressed and suggestive of the possibilty that I wouldn't last in a

labor-type job. But I don't want to dress down too much, giving the

impression that I don't think the job is important. Maybe I'm
over-thinking

this, but suggestions would be appreciated.

Kitty

I've CC'd a couple of you that might not read everyday to be sure you
get

this. I apologize for the duplication.

http://www.hort.net/funds/

Island Jim