Re: what's everyone ordering?

> I do a lot of
> reading, making up index cards of notes as I go.  Then my notes, A to Z,
> and I go to favorite plant sales and nurseries.

I usually do mailorder, but in recent years have picked some things up
locally.  I don't take notes, except to make a list of my order plans and
then go back over the list to pare it down to what I can afford.  This year
I cancelled a couple of early orders I'd sent in for lilies and such.  The
only plant I'm getting mailorder this year is a California Allspice that had
been scratched from my order last year, since it had already been paid for
including shipping.

I had planned for this year to be more of a reorganization year anyway.  I
have over a dozen sets of watering lines and sprayers I bought at half price
last fall which I will spend a considerable amount of time trying to set up.
(Rich - you may get a desperate email!)  Some plants need to be moved, too,
and fertilizing will be a priority.  I still have a good supply of alfalfa,
kelp, cottonseed, rock phosphate, and other items on hand I can make use of.

I'm sure I will succumb to the temptations of a few items I must have when I
visit the nurseries this spring, so I will just have to wait and see what
plant replaces laundry detergent on my grocery list! ;+)

Kitty