RE: snow there- spring is here! Gardenwall update

HI all-

Between yesterday and today, I finished cutting my corner blocks for my
garden wall.  This was definitely the hardest part of the whole project.  If
I did this everyday, I would definitely have "6-pack abs".  I feel like I've
done a million situps.  My neighbor ended up bringing home both a chopsaw
(gas powered monstrosity that was too scary for words) and also a worm-drive
SkilSaw with a diamond blade.  I opted for the latter- just as he expected.
He had told me that my husband would need to use the chopsaw before he
brought it home- but by now he knows me well enough, that I would want to do
this project myself so being the smart man he is, brought home a somewhat
slower, but more manageble cutting method.  So, for each block I had to do 2
cuts (because the depth of the blade wasn't enought to go through the whole
block). But that was fine- it did the job and now they are all done.  I only
have one straight section next to the driveway to finish laying the blocks.
That will be tomorrow morning's project, and then the rest of the supersoil
is coming tomorrow afternoon.  Yeah! WE are nearly done with this project
(well, I still have odds and ends of finishing touches like the blocks that
will separate the lawn from the beds, but that can be done at any time).

Oh- regarding spring.  My little tiny daphne has opened it's blooms!  So I
have one cluster of pinkish flowers that smell wonderful on the little 3-4
inch tall plant.  Talk about an overachiever!
Bradford pear trees at work are blooming, and even more daffodils are
blooming at home.  Oh, and the camellia is now covered in open blooms.  I
took a picture, but right now I'm on a loaner computer, so I'll wait until I
get mine back (don't ask-  I had an electronic disaster on Monday)  Then
I'll post the pics on my yahoo pictures site.

Hope all you who had snow in TX enjoyed your brief version of winter.

Theresa
SAC, CA zone 8-9