Re: Stroll... now limes, Pine Island, and such

We will probably freeze a good deal of it. We freeze lemon and lime juices in ice cube trays then, once frozen, dump the cubes into ziplock bags. It's a tedious process when you've got only four ice cube trays. But we'll probably be doing just that on Sunday with lemon juice. The Meyer lemon has about 20 ripe fruits that we need to deal with [and, Kitty, the tree is also loaded with flowers].

And we've also got to deal with all those valencia oranges. We freeze that juice in jugs, however, so it's less time consuming. And the first 2 quarts go into the fridge for next week's breakfasts.

Don't know if you're familiar with the Meyer lemon, but it's a cross between a real lemon and an orange. The juice tastes like lemon [slightly sweeter, maybe], but the fruit is round and about the same size as a valencia orange. That means they probably contain three or four times as much juice as a real lemon.

Tomorrow, however, we're going to the "Garden Gala" on Pine Island. "Plants, gardening books, arts, and crafts."