Re: hum....

    First day of shipping for this season began yesterday, continues today.
Spring is officially here for me... or it is for someone someplace points
south and west. Late afternoon I knocked off from shipping and went for a
walk in the garden. Found myself picking up fallen limbs etc, as I walked
the paths making mental notes. Sure itching to get in there and begin
cleanup. Cut and remove dead foliage, get the leaves from the paths, that
sort of stuff before the blooms kick in.
    New Hellebore foliage is emerging along with the plump buds down in the
center of the old foliage that needs to be cut for best display. Some of the
H. niger will be open to day or tomorrow. H. foetidus is already in bloom.
All the hybrids will be in open bloom by week's end. Other species are
pushing the leaf litter aside. I see the Hepatica have plump fuzzy resting
buds that will pop open within the next week to ten days.
    It is going to be a good year... I can feel it in my old bones.
    Gene E. Bush
Munchkin Nursery & Gardens, llc
Zone 6/5  Southern Indiana