Re: Spring is coming!

Just began seeing robins regularly yesterday (DH claims a sighting two weeks ago). As usual, in the absence of insects and earthworms, they are chowing down on my hollys...and driving the cats, who are watching, crazy.
Cathy, west central IL, z5b
On Tuesday, February 24, 2004, at 07:29 AM, Bonnie & Bill Morgan wrote:

I saw the first robin almost two weeks ago. I figured his homing mechanism
went haywire. It was snowing that day. He sure wasn't "singing." Still,
there is always hope....

Blessings,
Bonnie (SW OH - zone 5)

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of cathy carpenter
Sent: Thursday, February 19, 2004 6:27 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Spring is coming!

We have a possum roaming around. DH claims he saw a robin, but I have
not verified it.
Cathy
On Thursday, February 19, 2004, at 08:52 AM, Aplfgcnys@aol.com wrote:

I just looked out the window and saw a chipmunk!  He was sitting on
top of a
big rock, looking a bit dazed as if he didn't quite know why he was
there.
And yesterday I was pretty sure I heard a robin.  Couldn't see one,
but the song
was unmistakably robin.  We are still snow-covered, even though it got
up to
40 degrees yesterday and was only 24 when we got up this morning.  The
next
few days are predicted to be milder, so maybe it will happen. I have
pushed my
club into scheduling a horticulture show in mid-April - just two
months away.
I've begun to worry that there won't be anything up by then. Think
Spring!
Auralie
Z5

http://www.hort.net/funds/