Re: hum.../hellebores

In a message dated 2/28/04 6:13:34 PM, mtalt@hort.net writes:

<< So, actually, where winters are not too harsh, the best time to move

or divide a hybrid hellebore is in late summer.  >>

Marge, I have moved one just last year.  I didn't move it far but it was just
not positioned well.  I had enough root ball I'm sure it suffered no shock.
    We have really wet soils right now.  Seems there was ice under that snow.
 I did prune 4 trees today and we lost more snow but still have large areas
of piled snow.  Sap was flowing when I pruned a maple.
    Thank you for the information.
        Ceres