Re: vole damage pics

I suspect they are more than Beans can handle because they are impervious. They are not vicious, just armored, determined, and dumb. Their only natural enemy seems to be the automobile, and even then only in breeding season.

On Sunday, February 29, 2004, at 05:21 PM, Kitty wrote:

Armadillos sound like much more than my cats could handle!
Kitty

----- Original Message -----
From: "pdickson" <pdickson@sbcglobal.net>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Sunday, February 29, 2004 2:20 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] vole damage pics

If you think that looks bad I should go out and take pictures of the
armadillo damage I have all over my acre. I keep trying to tell myself
that
he has aerated my entire yard.... :-) I think we have killed him with
some smoke bombs that my neighbor got. We tied 2 together and put them
down
the hole, covered it with a board, a big rock and lots of dirt to keep in
all the smoke. I have not seen him since. I hope it worked. It doesn't
bother me too much until he starts rooting under my newspapers and
mulch...
then he can make such a big mess.
Patricia
zone 6b
where it is so windy today, 26mph, but sunny and 56 degrees