Re: return to kids

So, why boer goats, specifically? How do they differ from other goats? Are they more important economically? Make better pets?
Cathy
On Monday, January 31, 2005, at 02:00 PM, Jesse Bell wrote:

It's www.splitrockboers.com
It's being updated this week. We took pictures of all the new babies and are putting them on there.
As for the two dogs...I just can't understand how somebody would let these dogs go? They are well mannered and very sweet. The manager of the grocery store said he SAW a man drog the dog off and drive away. The little guy was trying to get into the store to stay warm and was limping around. Somebody had kicked him. It was not broken..just bruised. And you can tell he has been abused because he is very afraid of men and if you make a fast movement towards him he just freaks out. If you don't want the dog..then find a home for it. It's just too sad that people do that. And he looks like a registered Chihuahua!! Very cute. The heeler...well he just made himself quite at home, thank you.

Jesse Rene' Bell
Claremore, OK
Zone 6

From: Cathy Carpenter <cathy.c@insightbb.com>
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] return to kids
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 12:58:51 -0600

So what is your website? Are there goat pictures? Would love to see them. Those are two lucky dogs!
Cathy
On Monday, January 31, 2005, at 09:28 AM, Jesse Bell wrote:

Sorry it took me so long to get back with you all...I've been so sick the last 4-5 days. Some icky virus going around. Missed part of work friday, sick all weekend and I'm home today. The last count for baby goats...24. And we will have about that many new babies in March/April. Wow. Our website is getting out there now...just sold six of the new babies via website. They put a deposit on six babies, and will pick them up when they are weaned. And our awesome billy..we are now getting stud fee on him at $250.00 a pop. Cool. Needless to say...our family has been busy. Took in two stray dogs...one I was trying to rescue from downtown traffic. It's a blue/red heeler mix. The other, a chihuahua that somebody dumped off at the local grocery store. It was 15 degrees that night and he was shaking uncontrolably...so my girls brought him home. Like I need more dogs. Oh well. I can't let them suffer.

Jesse Rene' Bell
Claremore, OK
Zone 6