From:  [mailto: kmrsy@comcast.net]
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 22:55:35 +0000
Subject: Re: [CHAT] The untimate chocolate

Oh, Jim, you brought up the C word....you're going to have Melody
going<br>nuts! Really, it does sound like a fun project. maybe Ms. Fatma
will let<br>you join her clas for show &
friend of <br>> mine in Puerto Rico. After taking its picture and
whacking it open, I <br>> scooped out the seeds and put them in a glass
of more-or-less pure <br>> water to ferment. The seeds are incased in
tart membranes that are most <br>> easily removed by fermenting. When
the fermentation is finished, I'm <br>> going to plant a few of the
seeds to see if I can grow a chocolate tree <br>> in my front patio
microclimate [doubt it] and roast and grind the rest <br>> to make raw
chocolate. This sounds like a grammar school science <br>> project; too
bad [just kidding] I don't have that age kids any more. <br>> <br>>

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com