From: kmrsy@comcast.net
Sent: 2/3/2005 3:25:29 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Whoops!

Oh, my! Bonnie. Did you end up with a cast?  That's going to make getting around in the snow difficult.  Bummer.  Sorry to hear it.
Not Pam, but...
Often, for getting your seeds started, the light won't matter, but once
they get going I've always followed the 4 inch rule. I keep the shop
light combination of one cool and one warm fluorescent about 3-4 inches
above the seedlings. You can hang a shop light anywhere. I've hung them
on long chains from ceiling planter hooks, from several types of wire
shelving, and from makeshift structures. Think about it. You can suspend
a shoplight under two chairs. I once wrapped a chain over a table,
lengthwise to hook each end of a shoplight hanging under it. Then just
put your trays under the table.

I tried the sponges once and didn't like them, just a personal
preference, I think. I have grown to like the peat pellets in recent
years for a few things that don't like having their roots messed with.
But primarily I stick with my APS units.

neIN, Zone5