RE: Whoops!/Speaking of seeds....

Um.. not good Cathy ....

Anyways, first remember that they are a native plant (although not a common
one around here) and their root system needs room... lotsa room! We plant
all of our natives in tall skinny pots (go to the fast food places and order
a extra large pop that comes in the hard plastic cups- works great with some
holes punched in the bottom). They do sell pots for natives that are like 8
inches tall and only 3 inches wide, give or take....

But at this stage, you need a seed tray. They need 4-6 leaves and a vigorous
root system before using the larger cup idea. (about 4-5 weeks from now).
Allow seedlings to dry out cause moist soil will develop fungal attacks with
silene's. I would leave them in the "cup size" till you are ready to
transplant outside. You MUST have a good root system before you transplant

They like a dry rocky soil, so give them something that drains well. We use
a light weight potting soil for all our natives at the greenhouse.

I suppose you already know that the 'regia' needs more sun than other
silene. If in a shady place, you might have to stake them....