Theresa

james singer wrote:

The dates are only about 7 feet off the ground. I can reach most of them.

On Saturday, February 5, 2005, at 07:57 PM, Kitty wrote:

Wow! Can you reach that high or do you have to climb, Jim? That's amazing.
Kitty
----- Original Message -----
From: "james singer" <jsinger@igc.org>
To: "Chat" <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Saturday, February 05, 2005 5:46 PM
Subject: [CHAT] Weekend Report

Our old queen palm [Syagrus romanzoffiana] flowered and fruited this
year, as it does every year. But when my two favorite teachers--Ms
Fatma and Ms Whelma--noticed it this year, they thought "teaching unit
with products to sell at open house." Today, the queen's dates began to
ripen, so I began to pick them [palm dates do not ripen all at once,
but over a period of weeks]. Pictures of the queen and her dates can be
found at
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/jsinger2003/
album?.dir=639e&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//
pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/jsinger2003/
my_photos%3furlhint=actn,del%253as,1%253af,0

Island Jim
Southwest Florida
27.0 N, 82.4 W
Zone 10a