From: james singer <jsinger@igc.org>
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Jesse's birthday now smoking
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2005 16:53:12 -0500

I'm not sure it ever goes completely away. It gets less and less demanding every hour, although some sort of crisis can temporarily bring it back in spades. I think that's why a lot of folks fail--big fight with the spouse or get canned at work--and the first thing that comes to mind is to light up. But if you know that might happen you can probably figure out how to manage it.

I think the other reason some folks fail is other behaviors that one associates with smoking. Friend of mine said once: "How come every time I have a beer I want a cigaret but every time I have a cigaret I don't want a beer?"