Re: broken ribs/Ceres

Ceres, there's only thing more embarrassing than wiping out under the chair lift and that's being loaded into the sled and taken to the lodge. I don't know about you but some of my more serious problems skiing have been getting on and off chair lifts. One time I missed the chair but instinct took over and I grabbed the chair thinking, stupidly, that I could heave myself into the seat. As the chair ascended with me hanging off of it all I could think was that I'm going up and this is not going to get better. I finally let go at about 6' off the ground. Now you want to talk about embarrassing! Everybody in line saw that performance. However, nothing takes the cake like my nephew who spent the entire trip up the mountains telling us what a great skier he was. Expert slopes...the whole bit. Well first thing he does when he gets his skis on? He smiles and waves at us and then skis...or really more like slides right through a fence and into a ditch! Priceless!

To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Tuesday, February 08, 2005 12:58 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] broken ribs

Great story, David! The last time I skied I fell badly (don't remember why
now) and right under the lift. It must have been tremendous as those riding
the lift were hollering '10'. One of my husbands adult nephews rushed down to
assist me & fell on top of me. I knew I only pulled an upper left leg muscle
but under protest I was very careful loaded by the ski patrol & taken down the
slope as if I was severely injured. So embarrassing! I then had a 4 hr
drive home with my son, to young to drive and my manual shift car. Ouch!
I wish you a speedy heal!