Re: Congrats, Gene!

Really? Ooops :>)

On Wednesday, February 9, 2005, at 07:42 PM, "" <gardenqueen@academicplanet.com> wrote:

Kitty - I can not even begin to picture how you could sound like a dufus talking about plants! Inconceivable.

Pam Evans
Kemp, TX
zone 8A
----- Original Message -----
From: kmrsy@comcast.net
Sent: 2/9/2005 10:40:25 AM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Congrats, Gene!

Thanks, Ceres, but this project came about out of fear. I didn't think I
could stand up there and remember all these details and didn't want to
stand there like a dufus reading from a huge stack of notes. The Hort Ed
doesn't like handouts at this show much, because people often throw them
on the floor elsewhere in the coliseum and it refelects badly on us. So
I figured a small bound booklet with everything in it would save me from
my fears and be small enough to fit in a purse. And all the pretty slide
pictures will hopefully keep them focused on the screen rather than
looking at me so much. Another reason I go overboard on researching the
material is because I worry people will leave the presentation saying
'she doesn't know her stuff' or 'nothing new at his presentation' or
'boring'. Fear. It's a great motivator.

--
Kitty
neIN, Zone5