RE: incomplete catalogs

Most of what I buy on Amazon is for gifts, so their suggestions of what
I'd like are laughable, and so I rarely pay attention to them. But I
think it is a good marketing tool.

I think it might be a good idea for some online nurseries. I might look
at them there because what I buy there is for me. Mostly, though, I
prefer to make my own choices - but you have to know what is out there
to make an informed choice. So sggestions just might catch myleft click.
I wouldn't want someone else's pre-planned garden, but I can believe
that some people would.

I can think of a couple of better local nurseries that do something
along those lines via demostration plantings. One that's a bit of a
distance from here has a few beds at entrances illustrating
combinations. What I also like is he has a large area devoted to mature
specimens of plants he sells so you can tell what to expect in future
years. He showed me a nice pyramidal conifer in a pot that had recently
arrived, but the tags that came with it gave a different description. He
ripped all the tags off and told me to come over here and see the one he
planted 6 yrs ago.

Kitty

--
Kitty