Re: headcount - list census

Kitty, for years I used to get seedlings of vegetable plants (I know you
don't grow food) in bundles of 50 or so from a place in Georgia.
Collards, broccoli and leeks were what I usually ordered. though they
offered others like tomatoes, peppers and eggplants. These were
field-grown and hardened off, and though they came bare-root, and
looked pretty shabby when they arrived, they always perked up very
quickly and grew better than the ones I had started indoors up here.
The bundles were usually more than I could use, so I would share them
with members of my garden club.  Last year the place went out of
business, and  I was unable to find any replacement.  I always buy
onion plants in bundles, and I still have a source for them, but not the
others.  I'm sorry they're gone.  I had good success with them.

In a message dated 02/14/2005 5:55:37 PM Eastern Standard Time,