Re: skiing with helmet/faw!

INDIANAPOLIS  A statewide advertising campaign sponsored by the
Governors Council on Impaired & Dangerous Driving begins this weekend
to highlight the new booster seat law that will take effect July 1. The
law requires all children under eight to be properly secured in child
safety seats or booster seats. It also requires all kids up to age 16 to
be properly restrained in a childrestraint system or a seat belt in all
seating positions in all vehicles. Those over age 16 must be restrained
when riding in the front seat of passenger vehicles.For some reason I
couldn't get it to paste, but the new law that goes into effect in July
requires children under 8 ( so I guess that does not include 8 yr olds)
to be properly secured in safety or booster seats. I think Iowa's
requirement of height and weight is more reasonable. My nephew at age 7
was as big as many 10 year olds. I can just imagine the fights some
mothers will have with their seven yr olds who say those seats are for
babies and I'm not a baby! Don't get me wrong, I am all for safety, but
does everything have to be legislated?

--
Kitty
neIN, Zone5