RE: garden documentation

 Dear All,

The discussion of Ilex took me on a bit of a wild goose chase.  You see, I
wanted to see just what Ilex cultivars I have in my garden.  So, I started
looking through my image folders on my pc of each garden "room".  Well, I
found many images that I hadn't gotten around to labeling yet.  So, I opened
the spread sheet for one of the rooms.  Of course, it was barely just begun.
Next, I pulled out my antiquated, but very serviceable shoebox file of
plastic sandwich bags labeled with each garden's name.  Inside each bag are
original garden tags, and sometimes an index card  or two with  plant names,
of everything (at least that's the theory) in that garden.  Then I went back
to the garden folder on my computer and the Excel spreadsheet and started
filling in the blanks.  Of course, I found a few plants that I had to look
up in the AHS A-Z Encyclopedia of Garden Plants.  Then I had to remove a few
misplaced images.  While I was at it, I went in the few folders of images
that had not yet been filed in their proper garden folder.  The only problem
was that I guess I did file 75% already, so I had to check them all before
deleting anything. The end result was that I made a file of Ilex cultivars
and labeled the photos and prepared a spreadsheet for the "Pond Garden"!
Along the way I noted that there are a lot of plants I still need images for
in that garden.  I almost started to mark these on my spreadsheet, but
decided I'd had enough for one night!  Maybe tomorrow I'll down size the
Ilex images and put them on my web page.....

Chris
Long Island, NY
Zone 7a (Average min temp 50 - 00)