RE: garden documentation

What information I include for my garden rooms is fairly basic: cultivar
name and common name.  I don't need to add location to these documents as
they are organized by location. With Excel I can add columns at any time for
other information like bloom color or blossom time.  On my daylily or hosta
spreadsheets I have much more detailed information such as garden location,
plant height, plant description, year of purchase and from whom etc.   I
have a lot more to do to have a complete record of what I grow.  Between my
various record keeping systems, I can keep track of just about everything,
but I'd like to have all the plants on a spread sheet according to their
garden room.  Someday!

Long Island, NY
Zone 7a (Average min temp 50 - 00)